Have extra materials after a job? Want to help out a community in need? Find out how to help here.
James Hardie generally will NOT consider requests from:
• Organizations which do not have an IRS 501(c)(3) public charity or equivalent status
• Political organizations or parties, candidates for political office, and organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
• Labor unions or organizations
• Local athletic or sports programs
• Organizations not operating for the benefit of the general public
• Individual churches, synagogues or other entities organized exclusively for religious purposes
• Those requesting donations for benefit events, raffle tickets or fundraising efforts that involve value returned to the donor
James Hardie Community Involvement Mission
Our Community Involvement Vision is to help build stronger homes and communities. We align with community partners who help us achieve meaningful impact through:
Helping Meet Basic Needs
Support for organizations that help at-risk individuals and families gain stability and become self-sufficient.
Enhancing Community Vitality
Support for organizations that build strong communities by creating and fostering economic and environmental vitality.
Letter of Inquiry
All applicants must first submit a letter of inquiry. Not to exceed two pages in length, the letter should:
• Briefly describe the program and how it advances the James Hardie's Community involvement Mission above
• Request a specific product or financial donation amount, detail the use of funds and estimate total program cost
• Explain program outcomes and potential long-term impact of the program
• Identify the people and communities (where James Hardie employees live and work) that will benefit from this program
• Name any collaborative partners and/or James Hardie employees involved with the program
• Include a contact person with phone number, mailing and e-mail addresses
• Attach the requesting organization's 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter.
• Letters of inquiry and proposals will only be accepted by e-mail and will be reviewed at the end of each month. Responses will be provided in the first week of the subsequent month by email.
Want to help a community in need? Please email
with requests to make or receive donations of James Hardie siding.